Monday, January 25, 2010

Conservative MP California Dreamin'....in Technicolor that is

"Our constituents have more concerns on their minds," he said by phone Tuesday from California, where he is vacationing. "They want us to concentrate on jobs, get people back to work, and get the budget back in order. And that's what I'll focus on when I get back to Parliament and that's what I'm focusing on now."


Keeping in mind that Canada has elected three Prime Ministers from the Prince Albert riding, I think this guy ain't got a clue about irony or what the pulse of the electorate is.

H/t to Scott Ross



ONTARIO! Ours to Recover

3 comments:

Top Can said...

Wasn't it John Diefenbaker who once said during the 1957 election campaigning against a Liberal regime that had been in power for over 20 years:

"If you send this government back into office, don't bother asking the Official Opposition to stand up for your rights, for you will no longer have any rights."

Apparently Mr. Hoback's knowledge of his riding's history, and especially it's most revered Member of Parliament ever elected, is severely lacking.

bubba said...

Have you checked the facts I think some apologies are in order. M.P. Hoback has been adressing groups in the contitueny since Jan 23. Sorry to ruin your rant.

James Curran said...

I'm not a reporter. That's their job. Not mine. Whaddya sayin'? The guy wasn't in California and the paper is reporting false info?

Sounds like a law suit to me. I doubt there will be one though, will there, bhudda.