Sunday, December 30, 2007

Letters For David Orchard

The momentum continues. I can't tell you just how overwhelmingly positive the response has been for my friend David Orchard's campaign. Lots and lots of letters and emails. Here's another letter from the left coast.




December 29, 2007

Dear Mr. Dion,

I am writing to you regarding the recent press reports regarding the candidacy for the Liberal Party of Canada of David Orchard in Saskatchewan. It is true one cannot always believe what is written in the press but if there is any truth to the report that you are possibly thinking of appointing a provincial NDP woman to run in his desired riding I wish to comment.

I was your very enthusiastic delegate from Victoria a year ago at the leadership convention. During that time I stayed at the apartment hotel in Montreal along with about 150 of your delegates who were inspired by David Orchard. His brother Grant had looked after all the bookings for us. Each day in the morning and evening David Orchard would invite us to gather and discuss how we could best get you elected. He was/is without doubt one of your greatest advocates and supporters. He is also a very proud, committed and loyal Canadian, deeply concerned about the environment as well as the country. It is for this reason that I am shocked to think you would consider replacing him as candidate. I realize that one must remain open to running a " winnable" candidate in a riding but this is certainly not the case with David Orchard. He is well known and respected and has a long and admirable history in this Saskatchewan riding. Somewhere in this picture there must be a place for loyalty. Mr. Orchard has demonstrated great loyalty to you Mr. Dion and I am encouraging you to return that to him as well. Without his 150 delegates it is very possible that you would not be leader to-day.

I have been acquainted with David Orchard for several years now and know of no greater Canadian. He deserves a seat in the House of Commons and will be an outstanding member of parliament for Canada and in Saskatchewan. I encourage you to offer him your full support on getting there.

I look forward to working hard in the next election to ensure that you become our next prime minister. My comments are written in the utmost concern and with great respect. Wishing you and your family a very happy and successful year in 2008.

Most Sincerely,
Patricia Houston
Victoria B.C.

No comments: