Friday, September 9, 2011

What the Liberals Claimed was Impossible...The NDP will Achieve with the Greatest of Ease

That's right folks. A 6.5 month leadership race to pick a successor to the most successful leader in NDP history.

It's a shame Liberals weren't capable of replacing the leader that went down to the worst defeat in history in less than 2 years.

I wonder whose approach will be more successful, Jack Layton's dying wish or the Liberal Party's National Executive. My bet's on Jack.

Funny thing those leadership races.

1 comment:

Skinny Dipper said...

The one thing I notice with the NDP is that there is a sense of confidence, of moving forward, and of supporting the potential leader of the party. I don't hear a need to form a merger with the Liberals. I don't sense weakness within the NDP.

With the Liberals, I get a feeling of unsureness (if that is a word). I don't know if Liberals want to merge with the NDP or remain as the Liberal Party. I don't know if it will be a left-of-centre or centrist party. It's a party that is stuck in the wilderness. By the time the Liberals pick their next leader, it will be too late to build up the profile of the party for the next election.