Sunday, September 26, 2010

Rossi Holding Grudge with Smitherman Since 2003

You know for the life of me I couldn't understand what Mr. Rossi was doing in this mayoral race after Sept. 1. In fact in August I suggested if I was running his campaign I'd be breaking the news to him in August.

But after this statement I have concluded that's it's for reasons none other than to stick it to George Smitherman.

Rocco Rossi noted no Toronto mayoral frontrunner who lost their lead in the polls in the manner Smitherman has, has ever come back to win.

"The George Smitherman-led Barbara Hall campaign in 2003 left Toronto with a tax-and-spend mayor, and now George Smitherman's steady plummet in the polls risks handing victory to an angry Councillor Rob Ford who has no plan for our great city." said Rossi.


You see, Rossi ran the losing John Tory campaign. It appears he's not quite over that yet.

Rocco should have also noted that no candidate at 9% has made up 36% in the last 29 days of a campaign to win an election for mayor.

No comments: