Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Liberal Party's Best Idea Yet

h/t to Jason Larmarche for pointing this out to us.

The Liberal Party has come a long way baby when they develop a strategy to help get delegates out to Vancouver for the Bi-ennial Convention. Delegates have had issues raising money over the years, especially our Liberal youth. Now, however, each delegate can register online to get sponsors to donate to them.

In so doing, the party benefits as well. Any excess funds raised by an individual go directly to the Liberal Party of Canada as a donation. Perhaps a greater number of pre-registraions will take place, perhaps requiring less volunteers in Vancouver for registration booths. Genius in my opinion.

Here, try it out today. Sponsor a delegate today.



Photobucket

3 comments:

The Mound of Sound said...

Jim, are you coming out? It might be a chance for LOL's to get together for a beer. Hell, I'd even risk my wallet, my life and my pastoral tranquility to leave the Island for that.

James Curran said...

It appears that I'm heading that way. I happened to get a delegate spot as an "undeclared delegate". Imagine that? Not bad for a former liberal activist, eh?

The Mound of Sound said...

Good one. Anybody else from LOL making the trip?